Cisco Live is just a few days away and I figured it was a good time for a Know Before You go type post. Here are some important things to know before you go:
- Know the Wireless info!
Wireless SSID: #CLUS
Protocol: WPA2 – personal
- It’s going to be HOT HOT HOT.
Pack accordingly, but also don’t forget that we will be inside for most of the conference. This also means drink lots of water!
Here is a 14-day forecast for Las Vegas taken from Time and Date. To sum it up, we are looking at high temperatures over 100° F / 37° C every day.
- Know the bus schedule!Here is a link to the bus schedules and their pickup/dropoff locations.
- Pack a bigger suitcase than you think you will need.
While many of us are “professional travelers” and pride ourselves in how well we can pack a carry-on, attending a conference usually also means lots of free shirts, bags, and knick-knacks. Remember that each attendee will receive a free backpack for attending and that backpack may need to be transported back home in your luggage.
- Wear comfortable shoes!
The Mandalay Bay convention center is HUGE, you will be doing alot of walking and going up and down escalators. Be sure to pack or wear comfortable shoes. The same goes for clothing- this is not a fashion show, be comfortable so you are ready to learn!
- Bring something to take notes with!
Keep a notepad, tablet, laptops handy during the sessions. There will be a lot of information coming at you – be ready to capture what is important. Remember though, the sessions are recorded and you can revisit them on CiscoLive.com after the event.
- Silence is golden (when it comes to cell phones that is).
Remember to put and keep your cell phone on silent during sessions. There is nothing more embarrassing than having your cell phone make a fart, tinkle, or other strange sound letting you know you have a new text during a session. It is even worse if it rings.
- If you sleep during a session, try not to snore.
I know its tough after some of those long “gatherings” in the evening. Keep some water or with you at all times, it should help you stay awake. Also, it is OK to leave a session if you feel it is necessary.
- Complete your surveys!
The only way speakers know how they are doing and how the material is received is by the surveys. If you attend a session, please submit a survey.
- (Update 06/20/17) – One last thing to add, thanks to @scottdware for suggesting it.
- Don’t forget to check out the official Cisco Live Know Before You https://www.ciscolive.com/us/attend/attendee-info/know-before-you-go/
See you in a few days! Safe travels.